What we do
We enable families to have a voice and to be part of the SEND process.
Families can be involved in the following ways:
- tell us about an issue you are having or a problem you have had,
- fill in a questionnaire or survey about the services that you use,
- volunteer to help out at an event that we hold,
- join the steering group,
- attend working groups and meetings with our partners such as Plymouth City Council
Parent carer participation is when parents and professionals work together, recognising each other's expert knowledge, to design, develop and improve services for disabled children in the local area.
Working with our partners we are aiming to raise parents and carers input through the 'ladder of participation'.
- Information - this is what we are going to do
- Consultation - we are doing this what do you think
- Participation - lets work through this together