We are delighted to announce that Plymouth City Council SEND Service is carrying out a Parent/Carer Consultation and they need to hear from YOU!
This review of the Plymouth City Council SEND Service provides an opportunity for PCC to consider what they are doing and what we need to do to move forward so that children, young people and families have their individual needs and desired outcomes identified and plans put in place. They aim to create a more joined-up approach.
Teams who are part of PCC SEND Service are:
· Early Years Inclusion Service – this includes specialist support workers and advisory teachers who work with early years children in their homes or their early years settings.
· Advisory Support Team – a team of advisory teachers and specialist support workers who predominantly work in schools but also support CYP and families at home. The team support CYP with hearing or visual needs, speech, language and communication needs/autism.
· Local Authority Occupational Therapy Team – The team support CYP with SEND predominantly around equipment or housing adaptations.
· Children’s Disability Social Work Team – The team provide support for disabled children and young people, their families and carers.
· 0-25 SEND Statutory Assessment Team – The team coordinate the statutory support for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
· Plymouth LA Educational Psychology Service – Educational Psychologists have expertise in psychological theory and research that helps to understand how children and young people develop, learn, think, feel, and behave
· Short Breaks/SEND Early Help – The team work in partnership with families to help identify needs and consider the level of support required.
Follow this link to take part: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8MPYPSM (Don’t be put off by all the text explaining the reasoning behind it – you will just need to scroll to the bottom of the page to answer 4 questions.)
Photo by Ivan Samkov from Pexels